Thursday, June 9, 2011

An 8th Grade Graduation Trip

This week has gone by so quickly. Tonight is my daughter's 8th grade graduation. I know that  a lot of people do not see it as a big deal but I do. Any celebration of a milestone has always been a big deal to me.

I only have one child and so anything that she goes through, I don't get another opportunity.

To celebrate this week, we chose to take her and her best friend to the Disneyland Resort for a couple of days with a stay at the Paradise Pier. My daughter could live at the Resort if we let her. They wore silly hats and graduation buttons and had a pillow fight in the hotel. Watching them you could not help but think about when we were that age.

We left the hotel in time to arrive at pratice for tonight's graduation. It seems like I just sat in the audience for her kindergarten graduation. I realized in watching her pratice that I only have 4 more years of having her "ours". Not that she will be done with school in 4 years or that she won't be ours - just that she will be an adult and we will be watching her graduate high school and be on her way. The phrase "it goes by fast" is an understatement. I know that I want to make the most of her high school years. To help her achieve her goals and to love every moment that she can.

Her Dad and I are so proud of her and I know that she will continue to make us proud!

There is a blog that I love to read. It always makes me laugh. They have some special cakes today in honor of graduation. Check them out!

Cake Wrecks

Today is National Marriage Day! Do something special for your spouse to let them know you appreciate them and are thinking of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment