Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

There are many legends behind this popular day...but no matter why or how it started.. it is a day for you to tell your loved ones that you are thinking of them. Even if you don't have a significant other - you can still celebrate the day with your friends.


Here is a fun fact, a survey in Australia of 1200 people (ages 18-29 years old) have found that 47% of them have chosen Valentine's Day to break up! I guess they will be attending one of the popular anti-Valentine's Day parties.

An estimated one billion valentine cards are sent each year which makes Valentine's Day the second largest card-sending holiday of the year. What's the first? (Answer is below)

When I was a senior in high school, I worked at a florist. I remember that just before closing, we had a guy come in stating he needed a dozen of anything we had. All we had were 11 scary green carnations and 1 broken one. He said he would take it and to just kind of lay the broken one in and he would claim it broke on the way home.

Really? 12 neon green carnations at 9PM are going to say "I'm thinking of you" on Valentine's Day? After that, I always told my boyfriends/husband (not at the same time obviously) that if they ever forgot to get me something - that was fine. Just please do not be the guy at 8:45 PM snapping up 12 ugly green carnations!

By the way...the most popular day for greeting cards is Christmas. Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment